New student orientation introduces students to MCC services and resources available to facilitate success as a student at MCC. Students who have not previously earned a college degree must participate in orientation prior to registration at MCC. The requirement for new student orientation can be completed anytime after acceptance to MCC. Orientation takes place on MCC's Greenville and Sidney campuses. Attendees will receive helpful materials and a tour of the campus.
Students who have earned an associate, bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate do not need to attend orientation; however, to have the orientation requirement waived, they must have their college transcript conferring the degree sent to MCC’s Student Services department.
After completing New Student Orientation the students will:
- Be aware of student success initiatives on campus
- Have knowledge of college resources
- Have an understanding of college policies and procedures
- Be able to locate and utilize campus services
- Be introduced to MCC’s mandatory technology
- Experience a tour of the main campus
Please note: No counselors or advisors will be available during the orientation. You will be eligible to schedule an appointment with a counselor or advisor after the completion of both your orientation and placement testing.