New student orientation introduces students to MCC services and resources available to facilitate success as a student at MCC. Students who have not previously earned a college degree must participate in orientation prior to registration at MCC. .
Students who have earned an associate, bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate do not need to attend orientation; however, to have the orientation requirement waived, they must have their college transcript conferring the degree sent to MCC’s Student Services department.
After completing New Student Orientation the students will:
- Be aware of student success initiatives on campus
- Have knowledge of college resources
- Have an understanding of college policies and procedures
- Be able to locate and utilize campus services
- Be introduced to MCC’s mandatory technology
Please note: No counselors or advisors will be available during the orientation. You will be eligible to schedule an appointment with a counselor or advisor after the completion of both your orientation and placement testing.