Student Emergency Assistance Fund
MCC's Student Emergency Assistance Fund was established by the MCC Foundation (MCCF) to help students at risk of not continuing their education due to unexpected financial difficulty. The MCCF has made a personal commitment to support this opportunity for students to be successful. This fund is not intended to supplement financial aid awards or allow early access to financial aid refunds. All decisions that are made are final.
Complete an online application and attach supporting the requested documents for review.
Applicants to this program must meet the following criteria:
- Must be actively enrolled in the current semester and attending class
- Must have class participation confirmed by the instructor(s)
- Must demonstrate emergency financial needs
- Must be making successful academic progress
- Must complete the federal financial aid application process if eligible
- May not have been a recipient of this fund within the last 12 months
- May not be receiving maximum financial aid already
- May not be on financial aid suspension
- May not owe money to the college
Interested students must complete the application and attach supporting documentation. Please answer all questions as completely as possible, as applications are evaluated on information provided. After your application is received, staff will verify class participation and attendance, check financial aid eligibility and review documentation. Once a decision has been made, applicants will be notified by email.
If approved for funding, payment process will be determined by the College on a case-by-case basis. In most cases, award payments will be available within 3-5 business days after approval. Students may be eligible for a maximum grant of up to $1,000. The student will be notified when a check is available for pick up in the Business Office (open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m).
Upon request, recipients agree to provide documentation that MCC Student Emergency Assistance funds were applied to the emergency expense indicated on the application.